FORT LAUDERDALE COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SERVICES
Art of the Deal
We are well known as assertive, no-nonsense litigators with a resourceful and innovative approach to achieving results for our clients.
No-Nonsense Legal Professionals Fighting for You
We understand that you might feel uncertain and concerned if your business is facing a commercial litigation issue. Our legal team also knows that these cases can have high stakes and far-reaching consequences, which is why it is crucial to consult with a qualified professional who is familiar with this area of law.
Our dedicated commercial litigation attorneys at Stok Kon + Braverman have represented numerous clients in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas, including individual entrepreneurs, small businesses, corporations, banks, and insurance and finance companies. We know how to handle matters that range from complex business disputes, breach of contract actions, and partnership dissolution to unfair competition and trade secrets.
We Frequently Resolve Complex Issues Involving Multiple Parties
Multi-party litigation can lead to situations where it is difficult to agree on the ultimate objective, even when several people or entities share many of the same interests. Understanding and managing these overlapping goals is a crucial skill for legal professionals handling commercial litigation claims.
Our firm is proud of our experience in this area representing large institutions and high-value companies. We aim to address the questions and concerns of each party, and we make it our goal to inform our clients every step of the way regarding the pros and cons of each of the legal options at their disposal.
Common Causes of Commercial Disputes
At Stok Kon + Braverman, we frequently use our legal insight to help resolve disputes that commonly arise between business owners, including:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Complex disputes often arise in the context of whether one or more partners or corporate directors have violated their required fiduciary duties. If you believe that someone running a business in which you are involved has violated a fiduciary duty, you might have the right to take legal action.
- Breach of Contract: A breach of contract claim might be an option to consider when one party does not fulfill its obligations as laid out in an agreement. In such an instance, the non-breaching party can take legal action against the breaching party. If you are involved in this type of case, we can help you understand your legal rights and options.
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secret Disputes: Unfair competition occurs when a competing business engages in deceptive or fraudulent conduct that has will likely create confusion among consumers. Trades secrets are information essential to the business that is difficult for others to acquire easily. Misappropriation of a trade secret occurs through improper means by an individual who understands that the information should not be disclosed. We are familiar with unfair competition matters and trade secret disputes and have helped many clients protect their businesses.
- Partnership Dissolution Matters: Dissolving can be a mutual, voluntary decision made by business partners or it can occur as the result of legal action taken by some but not all of the company shareholders. Whatever the reason for closing down a business, legal counsel can oversee the process and ensure that all winding down procedures are executed properly.
- Intellectual Property Disputes: Our experienced commercial litigation lawyers understand the importance of safeguarding intellectual property, which is why we proudly help clients with disputes involving trade secrets, non-compete agreements, trademarks, copyrights, patents, and more.
- Emergency Commercial Litigation: Operating an entity and working with other businesses can sometimes lead to conflicts that require a speedy resolution. If you need to promptly resolve a business dispute, then the guidance of a knowledgeable team of attorneys is essential. Let us assist with your needs that require emergency commercial litigation.
- Business Torts: We provide capable guidance to businesses that might have tort claims against other individuals or entities. Our firm works closely with our clients to fully assess the nature of a claim, the rights of the parties involved, and all possible remedies. We handle a variety of business torts and can help you navigate the legal process when facing harm caused by another party’s actions.
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes: When a company operates a business and leases commercial space from a landlord, disputes may arise that require the assistance of a lawyer to assess the claims of their disputes and determine their rights according to their leases. Common landlord-tenant disputes include non-payment of rent, sublet conflicts, title disputes, and breach of contract claims.
- Real Estate Litigation: Whether your matter relates to a commercial lease, construction contract, property valuation, or another matter, we are prepared to negotiate aggressively on your behalf to seek an expedient resolution, or take your case to court if necessary.
- Franchise Litigation: We know that the relationship between franchisor and franchisee can be a complex one. If this relationship becomes unbalanced and one of the parties feels that it has been wronged, then litigation might be the only solution. If you are a franchisor or franchisee facing litigation in the Fort Lauderdale area, then our experienced attorneys can help you handle your business dispute strategically.
How Can We Help You?
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
Emergency Commercial Litigation
Breach Of Contract
Breach Of Fiduciary Duty
Unfair Competition & Trade Secrets
WHAT TYPES OF DAMAGES AND REMEDIES CAN BUSINESS OWNERS PURSUE?
Business owners who have been wronged can pursue the following damages and remedies:
- Compensatory Damages: This remedy might be available if a business prevails in a commercial dispute. Compensatory damages are intended to reimburse a party for any financial loss that resulted from a breach of contract or another type of harm.
- Liquidated Damages: In contract cases, the party in breach can be ordered to pay liquidated damages, which is a prearranged sum of monetary compensation stated in the agreement.
- Incidental Damages: This type of remedy is intended to reimburse a party for losses that were an indirect result of the breach but foreseeable given the circumstances.
- Punitive Damages: When a defendant has acted in an especially egregious or reprehensible way, courts can award punitive damages to deter others in a similar position from behaving in the same way.
- Rescission: This is a non-monetary remedy that a business can pursue. It is essentially a cancellation of a contract, or reformation, which is when the agreement is modified.
- Performance: In very rare situations, such as those relating to unique goods, specific performance might be available. This refers to a court order requiring a party to carry out its obligations as outlined in a contract.
OUR FULL-SERVICE LAW FIRM IS READY TO ASSIST YOU
Reach out to our dedicated team of attorneys for legal solutions tailored to your unique goals.
PILLARS OF OUR PRACTICE
PILLARS OF OUR PRACTICE
A Team of Experienced Problem Solvers
Our large team of attorneys has a collective amount of unique experience that has often helped us turn losing situations into winning results on more occasions.
Solutions Fit to Your Goals
Wide Range of Legal Services
Large Firm Resources. Boutique Firm Service.
Our team of attorneys is dedicated to providing the same personalized attention to each client you would expect at a smaller boutique firm, while still getting the experience and resources of a large firm at your disposal.
ASK ABOUT OUR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICES
Arbitration can be a useful method to resolve a commercial litigation dispute. In this process, a neutral person hears the evidence from both parties and makes a decision that is binding on them. Arbitration is often chosen when everyone involved desires a definitive outcome within a particular time frame. Mediation is another option for those in commercial disputes. It allows parties to come to a resolution through the help of a neutral third party, but it doesn’t guarantee an outcome. The mediator does not make a final decision, but rather helps the parties communicate in a way that could foster a resolution.
DISCUSS YOUR LEGAL CONCERNS WITH OUR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION TEAM
Since commercial litigation cases can be multifaceted and challenging, they should be handled by a team of experienced attorneys. At the firm of Stok Kon + Braverman, our compassionate legal advocates work closely with each of our clients to provide them with the high-quality representation they deserve. You can count on us to work diligently and efficiently to help you pursue a favorable outcome.
Call us today at (954) 237-1777 or contact us through our website for a consultation. We proudly represent clients throughout Florida, including communities in Broward County like Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, and Fort Lauderdale.
REAL CLIENTS. REAL REVIEWS.
REAL CLIENTS. REAL REVIEWS.
Don't Take our word for it. See what some of our clients have to say it.