Robert A. Stok established Stok Kon + Braverman in 1999 as a home for a unique blend of business acumen, creative resourcefulness, and intellectual rigor that he brings to the practice of law. His gifts for writing and argumentation have made him an indispensable ally for hundreds of clients he’s served since becoming an attorney in 1990. Mr. Stok’s real-world business experience informs every commercial dispute and litigated commercial case the firm handles.
An attorney who practices business law is not the same as an attorney who has real business experience. Our firm’s founder and managing partner, Robert A. Stok, has more than 20 years of financial experience in the securities and commodities industries. He is recognized on Wall Street and beyond for his achievements in the brokerage arena as an innovative thinker who makes the “undoable deal” a done deal. Creative thinking, business savvy, and perseverance make the difference for business clients seeking a resourceful, effective attorney.
Mr. Stok has extensive experience and expertise in commercial litigation and bankruptcy, as well as in appellate litigation, arbitration, business disputes and transactions, creditor’s rights, and commercial and residential real estate transactions and closings. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Miami, where he served as a member of the Dean’s Circle. Mr. Stok’s passion for the arts inspired him to become a founder of the South Florida Art Center.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Business and Commercial Law and Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Appellate Litigation
- Gamut of Business Disputes
- Insurance Defense
- Creditors Right’s Matters
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Closings
- Business Transactions
- 70% of practice devoted to litigation
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 1989 Cum Laude Honors: Member, University of Miami Dean’s Circle
- B.A., Queen’s College of the City University of New York, New York, New York, 1971 Major: English
- Florida, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations & Memberships
- INSOL (International)
- Commercial Law League of America
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- New York COMEX and Mercantile Exchanges, Chicago Board of Trade and Mercantile Exchanges
- Art Center, South Florida
- International Gold Symposium, United States Government Research Corporation and Consolidated Gold Fields